Having a great time in Cannes and just feeling the amazing waves, sand and breeze their beaches can offer? Well, Canes has more to offer. Here are ways to celebrate Cannes filled with romance. Check this out.
Cannes is a beautiful and sophisticated seaside town on the coast of France.
Thanks to the influx of celebrities and actors attending the Cannes Film Festival each year, there are amazing world-class cuisine options as well. Cannes makes an ideal place to holiday with your significant other, so make the most of your trip by enjoying one of these top 5 romantic places in Cannes.
1. Molinard: This perfume factory is truly a feast for the senses. To begin with, it’s no cement and brick factory. Instead, the setting is a beautiful villa surrounded by lush gardens. Inside, you’ll be able to see how perfume is made, and even create your own fragrance. Browse the ancient collections of perfumes bottles, and take in stunning sights and smells.
2. Promenade de la Croisette: This boulevard runs alongside the seashore, and is a romantic place to stroll hand in hand with your beloved as you watch the sun set on the French Riviera. The promenade is dotted with quaint cafes, delicious restaurants, and designer and boutique shops. It stretches 2 kilometers in total, and makes an ideal pre or post dinner walk by the sea.
3. Lérins Islands: While in Cannes, one of the most romantic things you can do is to enjoy a boat trip to explore the four nearby Lérins Islands. Two of these islands are uninhabited, and are full of beautiful natural scenery. Boat trips are offered around the islands at sunset, where you can sip champagne as you watch the sunset. For the more adventurous couple, have a boat drop you off early in the day, and pick you up a few hours later after a secluded picnic lunch on the beach.
4. Le Suquet: This pedestrian area is perhaps the most genuinely romantic location in all of Cannes. It is the oldest part of the city, complete with cobblestone streets and an ancient church and clock tower. The breathtaking view from the church looks over the entire Bay of Cannes, as well as the city itself. At the end of one of these traditional alleyways you can find a local market, where vendors sell fresh delicious produce and handmade items. At night, the restaurants in Le Suquet open up, each one an intimate experience with well trained chefs.
5. La Palme d’Or: To really impress your date, make sure you visit one of the best restaurants in Cannes, La Palme d’Or. The restaurant has received two Michelin stars, ranking it among the finest restaurants in the world. Impeccable service, fantastic wines, and sensuous food set the mood for a really romantic evening. Overlook the Bay of Cannes while you share a specialty dessert created for one of the celebrities that frequent the restaurant.
Have a fantastic trip!